The Momentum Center in Holland will host a summer series on mental illness
HOLLAND, Michigan — The Momentum Center in Holland has announced that it will host a summer series of presentations on mental illness. Presentations will take place on Mondays in August at 6:30 p.m.
Presentations will focus on the signs, symptoms and treatment of mental illness. The aim of the series is to give people more information about mental illness and to help break down the stigma. One of the presenters will be Michele VanderSchel, a psychologist with Ottawa County Community Health. Lupita Reyes, Clinical Therapist at LAR Counseling Services will also be presenting. Another presenter will be Brett VanTol, a psychologist from Pine Rest.
A schedule for the series can be found below:
- August 1: Mental Health 101, presented by Arbor Circle
- August 8: Suicide Prevention Training, presented by Arbor Circle
- August 15: Exploring Schizophrenia, presented by Michele VanderSchel
- August 22: Panic and Anxiety Disorders, presented by Lupita Reyes
- August 29: Bipolar Disorder and Depression, presented by Brett VanTol
“We are grateful that experts in our community are sharing their knowledge to raise awareness and help address current mental health challenges,” said Barbara Lee VanHorrsen of the Momentum Center.
The Momentum Center Summer Series will take place every Monday in August at 6:30 p.m.