Care: DIY Whipped Coconut Body Butter
Shea cream is a classic very simple recipe that makes for a great body butter that is very easy to make and full of good ingredients. The original recipe comes from the Beauty Cosmos, a German self-drive page, where it is difficult to say exactly because it is extremely popular and has been put together a thousand times.
Unfortunately, I have a lot of allergies, which are getting more and more from year to year and extremely dry skin. Shea butter is a very good alternative to my conventional body lotion from the pharmacy which is quite expensive at 16 euros. Sheacoco nut butter pays off at under 4 Euros per batch and you can spend a long time with her. It contains only two ingredients and is very fluffy. It is best applied on slightly wet skin after showering and is also a magic powder to keep feet, elbows and hands supple. It needs no preservative, as there is no water phase.
* This whipped shea butter recipe is extremely easy and full of good ingredients that will help you with dry skin and itchy patches. It’s a classic recipe and I’m not sure who invented it first, but I think it’s Beautycosmos , a german DIY Cosmetics homepage.
Over-priced pharmacy products. My usual body lotion costs about 16 Euros, this body butter is under 4 euros and will last a long time. It only contains two ingredients and is best used on mild damp skin after you shower. The consistency is very fluffy and because there is no water. *
That’s what you need:
- A good kitchen mixer
- A bowl
- 6 tablespoons Extra virgin coconut oil (room temperature)
- 6 tablespoons Shea butter (room temperature)
- Of course, plastic or glass containers. I simply reused empty cream jars.
- If necessary 2 drops of essential oils. Of course, if you take extra virgin coconut oil, everything smells like coconut.
Make sure that everything is rinsed off and clean.
* You will need a good kitchen aid, a bowel, 6 tablespoons of coconut oil and 6 tablespoons of shea butter (room temperature !!). If you want to add essential oils of your choice, I have used coconut oil which has a slight and very nice coconut smell. Mix shea butter and coconut oil in a mixing bowl and use it to fluff up the mix for about 6 minutes. Fill into clean plastic or glass container. Enjoy 🙂 The body butter makes great gifts as well as can be stored up to two months. *
Take 6 tablespoons each. Coconut oil and shea butter and start beating the amount with the blender until it looks like this (about 6 minutes):
Then simply fill in the clean dry containers and use within 2 months. Incidentally, the coconut body butter is also very good as a gift 🙂 If you do not have as many allergies as I can add ethereal peppermint and rosemary in summer, lemon and orange in spring and a little vanilla in winter.
* If you are not as allergic as you (coconut oil), you can add essential oils of your choice. Use peppermint and rosemary during summer for a refreshing feeling, lemon and orange during summer and vanilla during winter months. *